its users who access our App & website.
The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “GuideRatna” refers to GuideRatna Travel & Tourism Pvt. Ltd., a company incorporated under the laws of India. The term “User” and “you” refers to the User, who may either be a Traveler or a Tour-guide. By
accessing or using this website in any manner, you agree to be bound by the Agreement. Please read the Agreement carefully.
A: GuideRatna Travel & Tourism
1. GuideRatna Travel & Tourism (called GuideRatna) is an app-based platform that pairs solo travelers/tourist with Tourist Guide. Traveler(s)/Tourist(s) can view, in real time in app, how many guides are available at particular tourist
place (say at Victoria Memorial in Kolkata). Tourist can view the background details of the guide(s) like M/F, age, qualification, language(s) spoken, licensed/non licensed, etc. Traveler/Tourist can select and book guide as per his/her
preference on an hourly / half-day & Full day basis.
2. On this website, the term “Tourist(s) / Traveler(s)” predominantly refers to individual travelers .
3. On this website, the term “Tour-guide” or “Guide” broadly refers to all people who may provide services to a traveler such as, but not limited to, taking a Traveler through a historical monument and City tour for Travelers at a particular
4. The User profiles shared on this website are not verified by GuideRatna, and we strongly urge potential Travelers to exercise due caution while dealing with guide.
5. On this website, the term “Tour-guide” or “Guide” broadly refers to all people who may provide services to a traveler such as, but not limited to, taking a Traveler through a historical monument and City tour for Travelers at a particular
6. Travelers acknowledge and agree that GuideRatna is an app based platform which Traveler(s) can use to connect with the Tour-guide(s) around the world. Travelers also acknowledge that Tour-guide(s) may require them to comply with certain
additional terms and conditions in relation to site or monument requirement.
B: Use of website:
1.The use of this website constitutes a deemed agreement to all the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
2.If you (a) are not competent to enter into a valid and binding contract with GuideRatna under applicable law, and (b) do not accept any or all the terms and conditions and the Agreement, we advise you to discontinue the use of this website
3. We request you to refer to this page periodically to view the latest terms and conditions. We reserve the right to amend any or all of the conditions contained herein without prior notice, and your continued access of the site would amount
to your consent to such a modified agreement. We also reserve the right to modify the nature, features and functionality of the services on the website & App with or without prior notice to User. User will be deemed to have accepted
the amended terms and conditions or Services if they continue using Services after the date and time that they are made effective.
4. In order to use Services, Users are required to download the app from the Google Play Store and the App Store, create an account. To create an account, User must submit a valid phone number, e-mail address and select a password and
user name (“User ID”) during the registration process, and may be required to submit their name, address (“Registration Details”), which may be used by GuideRatna in connection with Services and future operation of its business. We will
5. User must provide true, accurate and complete information. User shall not (i) select or use as a User ID a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use as User ID a name subject to any rights of a person
other than you without appropriate authorization; or (iii) use as User ID a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. In the event that GuideRatna later discovers that Registration Details provided by a User are not true, accurate
and/or complete, it reserves the right to terminate such User’s right to access and use of Services immediately, without any liability whatsoever.
6. User is solely responsible for any activity that occurs on their account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their User ID and password. The user undertakes to immediately notify GuideRatna in writing in
case of any unauthorized use of his/her account, or other account related security breach of which he/she are aware.
7. User agrees to use Services in compliance with applicable law, rules, and regulations, for lawful purposes only. User is solely responsible for the knowledge of any and all laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to their use of Services.
8. In case User accesses or uses Services from a geographical territory or jurisdiction where the access or use of Services is prohibited, they do so at their own risk and solely undertake to comply with all local laws, rules and regulations.
GuideRatna shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever.
9. We retain the right at our sole discretion to deny access to anyone to this website and App, at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, for violation of this Agreement.
C: Restriction on usage:
1.User agrees that they shall not (directly or indirectly): (a) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services, except to the
limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit suchrestriction, (b) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of Services, (c) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that
you receive hereunder, (d) engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services, or (e) engage in overlaying or otherwise modifying the Services or their appearance.
2. All materials contained on the website GuideRatna and App are protected by copyright laws. Access to the site does not grant you any right to the intellectual property rights of the material available. It is prohibited to copy, imitate
or produce derivative works in any manner, or display, frame or mirror it by any means without the prior permission of GuideRatna.
3. You cannot monitor or copy the content on this website using any technology such as a robot, spider, scraper or any other automated or manual means without our permission.
5. The brand, the logo, the content and the overall look and feel of the website is the copyright of the company and may not be copied or imitated any manner or by using any technology.
6. In case you believe any content on GuideRatna is violating your copyright, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details, and we will conduct an investigation if we feel necessary to do so
D: Travel safety:
1. Although most travel destinations are experienced without incident, travel to certain destinations may involve greater risk than others. It is the responsibility of the Traveler to (a) investigate and review travel advisories, restrictions,
warnings and announcements issued by all sources, including those issued by your country and destination country authorities, (b) obtain and administer vaccination, inoculation and relevant medical care necessary for travelling to certain
destinations, prior to booking travel. GuideRatna will not be held liable in any manner, for any omission or lapse in due diligence on the part of the Traveler. Additionally, GuideRatna will not be held liable for any omission or lapse
in due diligence by the Tour-guide registered on the website, or for any acts/omissions done by him.
2. Sometimes Tour-guides may encourage or accompany Travelers for shopping as per request. GuideRatna will not be held responsible or liable to Travelers for any money spent, or any goods bought by them, or for the quality of any goods,
or any injury or loss arising from such products bought during a trip.
E: Liability disclaimer:
1. GuideRatna cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information or content on this website and App. We cannot also make any warranty on the suitability of the information on this website for any purpose. Any mention of any product or services
is by no means to be construed to be an endorsement of that product or service.
2. SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY GUIDERATNA ON AN ‘AS IS’ AND ‘AS AVAILABLE BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. GUIDERATNA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED AND SEAMLESS. ACCESS OR USE OF SERVICES
MAY BE SUSPENDED OR MADE UNAVAILABLE DUE TO REASONS INCLUDING MAINTENANCE AND TECHNICAL ERRORS.
3. User acknowledges and agrees that Services are only a platform that allows various individuals to interact with one another. GuideRatna does not hire or employ any Users nor is it responsible or liable for any interactions involved between
Users via the Services. GuideRatna is not responsible for any disputes, claims (civil as well as criminal), losses, injuries, or damage of any kind that might arise out of or relate to conduct of Users, including, but not limited to, any
User’s reliance upon any information provided by another User.
4.IN NO EVENT SHALL GUIDERATNA AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (I) FOR ANY LOST OF LIFE, LOST
PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES ARISING FROM (A) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, OR (B) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE,
OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM USER’S ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE, APP AND USE OF THE SERVICES, (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (III) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS
OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) INR 500.
You agree to indemnify GuideRatna and any of its owners, employees, agents and directors against any claims, demands, recoveries, damages, fines, losses or penalties brought by other Users and/or third parties, that may arise out of any reason
but not limited to your (a) use of the website, App or (b) violation of (i) this Agreement, (ii) Tour T&Cs, or of any aspect of the law both domestic and international.
Force Majeure: No Party shall be liable for any delay, failure in performance, loss or damage on account of a Force Majeure Event.
H: Governing law and jurisdiction:
This website is operated by GuideRatna, a company based in West Bengal, India. By using this website & App you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction to the courts of Kolkata for any dispute resolution. The use of this website is
unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all the provisions of these terms and conditions. However, we are a start-up company and we always try to settle the matter out-off court.
Contact us and grievance
If you have questions about the Terms of Consent or would like to contact us to exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
updated on 30th Aoril, 2019.
to provide travelers & tour guides around the globe a platform to interact with each other. In order to enable this, the users of the website and App may have to share some personal data with us. In doing so, we realize that they place
a great deal of faith and trust in us, and we, in turn, would like to assure them that we take their privacy very seriously. In the following sections, we will lay out our terms of consent (“Terms of Consent”) under which we will process
before giving consent to us for processing your personal data.
Terms of Consent
The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “GuideRatna” refers to GuideRatna Travel & Tourism Pvt. Ltd., a company incorporated under the laws of India. The term “user” and “you” refers to the customer visiting the website, App and/or contributing
content on this website. Reference to “personal data” means any information relating to a person, by which such person may be identified such as a name, an identification number, location data or relating to that person’s physical, physiological,
What kind of personal data is collected by GuideRatna and why?
GuideRatna collects personal data from users as part of the registration process. Personal data that may be collected from you is your e-mail address, password, picture, telephone number, and address. Travelers may be required to call or send
an email for service and also after service for feedback.We may collect some information about a user’s computer when the user visits GuideRatna, which are the IP address, web browser software, content and pages viewed on GuideRatna and
the referring website. Any personal data we intend to collect by the above will only be with your consent. Personal data to be collected in this process is to understand the interests of our users and customize their user experience. An
example is where we may make use of the IP address to determine the user’s location to customize content based on location. However, in some cases, we may use this data without your consent, in legitimate interest to prevent fraudulent
activity on the website.
Cookies are small data files and can be stored on a computer’s hard drive. These would only be stored in case the user’s web browser setting permits the same. However, some parts of our site may not function optimally if the browser was to
following purposes:-To help us recognize the particular browser as a previous visitor. We may also retain the user’s registration details on the cookie.-To help us customize the content and advertisements provided on our websites and on
other websites across the Internet.-To help research the effectiveness of our website features, advertisements, and e-mail communications. We may also use a technology called web beacons, which are similar to cookies and are used to measure
the effectiveness of email campaigns to determine which emails have been viewed and acted upon. It is also used to understand if you have reached our website after clicking on an advertisement hosted elsewhere.We also may use certain third
With whom do we share your personal data?
GuideRatna takes the trust a user places with us by sharing their information with us very seriously. We would share information with third parties like law enforcement agencies only if we are required to under the relevant law, or if we believe
that a crime is/was being committed or a law being broken. Some of the advertisements users see on GuideRatna are served by third party advertisement networks. These networks may also collect personal user information through cookies or
other technologies. The information gathered by these third parties is used to predict a user’s interests or preferences and to display advertisements on GuideRatna and across the Internet tailored to a particular user’s interests. We
may also authorize third-party vendors to collect or access information on our behalf, as necessary to operate features of our website, to provide customer service or to customize online advertising. These third-party services may capture
example, we may tell our advertisers or investors the number of visitors our Website receives or the geographical distribution of our visitors, or revenue generated or the types of tours booked. Such information will not contain any personally
Transfer of personal data outside the EU
GuideRatna currently hosts its content on cloud servers with GoDaddy. The location of the cloud servers is currently in the USA. Some of the information in the cloud may be duplicated in different parts of the world to ensure fast delivery.
This is achieved by using “Cloud Delivery Networks” or CDNs such as those provided by GoDaddy and other company.
Period of storage of personal data
We will delete your personal data when it is no longer reasonably required for the purposes for which you have given consent, or you have withdrawn your consent (where applicable), provided that we are not legally required or otherwise permitted
to continue to hold such data.
Rights of the user
Upon a request by you under certain conditions, we will-restrict our processing of your personal data;-erase your personal data; and-if you object to the processing of personal data, stop sending you direct marketing communications and stop
processing your personal data, unless in our legitimate interests.
Links to third party websites
This site may contain links to sites other than our own and those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as GuideRatna. We will not take any responsibility for the policies followed by these other websites, and any user should exercise
caution and follow normal due diligence procedures while accessing these third-party websites.
Messages / Pop-up sent through the GuideRatna website & App
GuideRatna provides a method for communicating with the guides and other users on our system. GuideRatna will not share a user’s email address with any other member nor display it when the user uses the internal messaging system to communicate
with other members. We may manually monitor these messages to make the use of algorithms to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of GuideRatna
Call recording and monitoring
Calls to and from GuideRatna may be recorded. We may use the call recordings to monitor our customer service for quality or compliance purposes or to provide training to our staff. Any personal data obtained from you during the call will be
Call recording and monitoring
GuideRatna is a general audience website targeting those people who are planning a trip or a vacation. Our intended audience is not children. Should we discover that a child under the age of 13 has posted personal information, we will delete
or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Contact us and grievance
Updated on 30 April 2019
A Traveler may cancel a Booked Tour, as per below schedule:
-6 hrs before schedule booking, Full refund however Rs. 100 or equivalent will be deducted as administrative fees-1 hrs before schedule booking, 50% refund-No refund in case cancellation after 1hr of scheduled booking.
-6 hrs before schedule booking, Full refund however Rs. 100 will be deducted as administrative fees-1 hrs before schedule booking, 50% refund-No refund in case cancellation after 1hr of scheduled booking.
6 hrs before schedule booking, Full refund however Rs. 100 will be deducted as administrative fees-1 hrs before schedule booking, 50% refund-No refund in case cancellation after 1hr of schedule booking
A Traveler shall apply or call for the refund request. Refund will be as per above condition and pay by 15 working days to respective bank ac.
Contact us and grievance
If you have questions about the Policy, Refund or would like to contact us to exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated on 30th April 2019.